Tuesday, October 03, 2006




Well, the Long Beach Triathlon went really well. For some reason when I load the pictures they always end up in the wrong order... it goes swim, bike, and then the run. Anyways, I guess it's not a huge deal. This was the best triathlon yet - the course was very fun. Tricia and Sarah came down really early to cheer me on, which I really appreciated! I just love doing this stuff!

Fall is coming - I am thankful for a change in seasons. I enjoy the fall colors, the crisp weather (we haven't had too much of this yet), and the smell (cinnamon is the smell I think of when I think about fall). I am looking forward to what God will bring this season. Brady is excited because it is cool enough now in the evenings that he can build a fire in our chiminea. He made a fire for us last night and we got to sit and enjoy the evening after a long day. It was wonderful!

In our car we only have a tape player and radio - so Brady has been renting different tape series from the Library. Right now we are listening to Dr. MacArthur's sermons on Philippians. It has been rich learning. I know that joy is from the Lord and because His Spirit is in us - there is contant joy. Philippians 4:4-6 says, "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer & supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God." Praise the Lord for His contant work in our lives!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Ikegami said...

Wow, you look SO COOL at your triathlon! Way to go! I love the fall, too...and MacArthur tapes! See you soon!

7:01 PM  
Blogger the Rehrers said...

Amen sister to the Philippians verses! I just put a notecard on my desk at work this week to memorize and guess what it is...Philippians 4:4-9! And way to go on the triathlons!!:) WOW!:)
- kara

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home