


Well its been a while - but now that we have a digital camera, things should be up to date. We went to Texas for my Nana's 80 birthday! It was a great time to be with family and friends, without the rush of the holidays (which is when we normally go). God has blessed us with wonderful families that we learn so much from!
My Nana is such an example of trusting in the Lord and choosing to have His joy. Getting older, I am becoming more aware, is very challenging! She has been a huge testimony to me and to those who are watching her. She has gone through many things and she keeps on laughing. There are times when I think, how can she handle this? She just smiles, makes a funny comment, and goes on. This is God's work in her heart and I am so thankful to be able to learn from it!
Another example of trusting God and choosing to be content in Him are our friends Riley and Mary Troth. They also have gone through many things. I know that it has been very challenging and at times discouraging, but I still see God working in their lives and I see them choosing to be obedient to Him. One of the ways that they battle is by prayer. They are such prayer warriors! God only knows how much they have interceded for Brady and me, along with hundreds of other people. Isn't God so good to put such precious brothers and sisters in our lives?! It reminds me of 2 Corinthians 12:9 - "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly in my weknesses, so that the pwoer of Christ may rest upon me."
Beep and I also got to spend time with the Schenk side. It was the first time that we have all been together since last Christmas (that's why we got the family picture done). I cannot believe how quickly little kids grow and change! What a blessing to see them learning and changing and enjoying the days! God blessed us with a whole day to be together - talking, laughing, playing games...
So - that's a bit of what we have been up to. My last triathlon for the summer is Sunday, so I'll have an update on how in the world that goes next week. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home