CRAZY ADVENTURE...Unfortunately I don't have any pictures with this blog - which I am against because I prefer to look at pictures - but I had to tell this story! These past weeks have been a bit exhausting as far as long work days, late nights, and early mornings... Saturday we went to Disney Land with the school/college view weekend which was a blast (and I will have pictures coming from that) but needless to say, we were completely pooped out when we got home. So, Sunday morning was an early blessing as always at church and when we got home all we wanted to do was eat lunch and sleep. We were in the middle of lunch when we got a phone call saying that there was a fire in our canyon and we should plan accordingly...we weren't sure what that meant (we've never really dealt with fires - what does one do with that information?). So, we continued to eat lunch when we get another phone call - "voluntary evacuation" for our area because of the fire - all I could think about was all the news reports of the people that waited too long to get out and then were stuck - so I started packing. I just starting throwing stuff into bags and grabing stuff right and left - what in the world do you pack? My answer? Everything I could! Honestly, I was quite flustered by the whole thing because I just wanted to go to sleep (oh - and my allergies are out of control right now which doesn't help a thing). So - we finally finished packing up our worldly possessions - which is quite difficult to think through what to pack and what not to pack and our friend Gary Edwards calls and says to come over to his place. So, I'm driving Woody (our newest car) and Brady is following me in the Nugget (with our bikes on top - we couldn't leave them). There was a Cop at the stop sign telling people that there was a fire... so I was extra careful in pulling out. So, I'm just about ready to go after this car passes me and BAM - I get hit from behind!!!! Yes - in all the panic of packing while wanting to be asleep, leaving our house for possibly the last time, my husband stinkin' rear ends me in front of the COP! I was shaking by this time, so I just decided to keep going - I could see that the Nugget suffered no damage (it's a tank I tell you) and the cop says to Brady, "Pull over" and Brady says, "It's my WIFE"... the cop just laughs and lets us go. So - now the situation has completely compounded and I'm thinking - we are taking all of our most treasured worldly possessions to WALNUT STREET! (this is where our friend lives and is not exactly known for being a "safe" place) and we are parking on the street!!!! How stupid could we get! Well - I'm happy to say that everything calmed down after that. We got to our friends house where I promply fell asleep with the boys watching a movie, then we got a text saying that the fire was out and we could all go home. GRACIOUS! It was quite the afternoon! Oh - and Woody only had a little scrape on his bumper so that was much better than I was thinking, in case you were wondering.

2 Comments:
Thank you for providing me with a much needed laugh at work today!:) I'm glad you guys, your home and your cars are o.k.!:) I miss you girly!
Perhaps Brady didn't quite get his fill of the bumper cars the day before at Disneyland? or was Nugget just jealous of your new addition (Woody)?
Either way, glad everything worked out for the best!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home